I cannot for the life of me configure a DSN in the CF MX Administrator.  I have tried
to configure both an Oracle Native DSN (on a remote server) and an MS SQL Server 2000
DSN (on localhost) and get this error:

Connection verification failed for data source: cm
[]java.sql.SQLException: SQLException occurred in JDBCPool while attempting to
connect, please check your username, password, URL, and other connectivity info.
The root cause was that: java.sql.SQLException: SQLException occurred in JDBCPool
while attempting to connect, please check your username, password, URL, and other
connectivity info.

Interestingly, I get the same error for both the Oracle DSN and the MS SQL Server DSN.
 I have updated the JET and MDAC, and have run Updater 2.  I am running MX Enterprise
on localhost running the built-in web server on port 8500.

Right now, I need to get the SQL Server DSN up and running.  It gives me this error
whether I have the database set up for no security or for a DB User with appropriate
rights, and a userid/password assigned.

I am using the following settings:
DSN: cm
database: cm (this is a database in my local instance of SQL Server)
server: (local)
port: 1433
username: system OR cm (system with only windows security set, cm with SQL Server auth
set)
password: [none] or "password"

Everything else is default except I have Unicode enabled in the "String Format"
checkbox and I have CLOB enabled.

Can someone help me?  Oddly, Access DSN's work fine.

Thanks,

Pete