> Let's get Jakob Nielsen to end this

That'd be a waste of time and money...  daft old codger!!

I wouldn't listen to too much that he says these days - the guy is still
stuck in his ways from the early 90's when what he had to say was true and
perfectly acceptable for the state of the network and peoples use and abuse
of what little bandwidth, hardware and software was available.

Some of what he says still holds true, but the guy hasn't move forward at
all.  He only recently grudgingly accepted that Flash was useful and good in
site design when applied appropriately!

Its been a while, but the last time I looked at one of his site, I was
truely appalled at how badly designed and implemented the site was.