IE waits for the 1st 1000 or so characters before it starts to render.

When we've needed it to work, we've put some really big comment at the top
of the page (the best was a quote from Crime & Punishment by my boss with
the degree in Russian Lit).

Annoying, but easy to deal with once you figure out that IE sucks.  :-)

--  Ben Doom
    Programmer & General Lackey
    Moonbow Software, Inc