From: Andrew Tyrone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: 03/07/03 02:56 PM
To: CF-Talk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: The New Macromedia Website(ODBC)

The problem that I see is that a lot of people who do nothing but complain
about a *supposed* CFMX bug waste a lot of time because they refuse to call tech
support.  It's always struck me that these same people would call tech support in a
minute if they were sure it was a CFMX bug.  I recall one of these people complaining
about ODBC and how the disclaimer about it not
being recommended was nowhere to be found.  It was, however, in the documentation.  Of
course, people don't have time to read the
documentation, but they have time to write 500 messages to cf-talk to say how crappy
MM tech support is and that they shouldn't have to pay for support because they've
found a bug in CFMX.

I have a good idea: I think MM should have Christian Cantrell shipped via
UPS with every CFMX purchase so he can read the documentation to everyone
who feels he should know every installation caveat without ever reading
anything about the product.  He could also come with a roll of toilet
paper.

--Andy