BS> -excellent "wow" value when showing clients (that can make/break a sale)

I may disagree with the some of your points, but this is the one that
matters, and it is totally true from what I've seen. I rarely see a
client get excited about usability, they are already used to computers
being difficult to use unfortunately.

Everyone knows when they think something is cool, whether it be a
flash interface or a dancing palm tree with a miami vice wav playing
in the background (true story...<g>).

In the end though, the guy with the dancing palm tree on his ecommerce
site is going to go out of business because he has no clue what the
web is about, and we won't get any more money from him. Those that
have useable, maintainable sites will still be in business and we will
still get money from them. Long term vs short term...I think a Flash
based site still takes more resources to maintain, and our main art guy
still charges more for a basic flash intro than for a basic site
design...

Maybe I'm a minority, but I think zeldman.com, or is much cooler looking
than macromedia.com, and much more usable.

--
 jon
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]