Thanks much... I think that is in order.

-----Original Message-----
From: Jochem van Dieten [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 11:31 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: CFMX Linux JDBCPool Timeout

Paul Hassinger wrote:
> It appears that while the datasource is working, netstat returns an
> ESTABLISHED state for a connection both to and from the mysql database to
> cold fusion (and vice-versa).
>
> Upon the datasource failing. I am returned only with a connection from
mysql
> to CF in a state of TIME_WAIT for a little bit and then about 30 seconds
> later, no connections appear.
>
> So, it appears that the connection is closed after the timeout period,
> thereafter, the only way to re-connect is to re-add the datasource or
> re-verify the datasource.

Yes, and the closing appears to be initiated from the CF MX side.

> As for loggining in, I am using the same machine to log in with an
X-Windows
> version of MyCC, using the exact same credentials with access to the same
> databases (same username and password), and the same mechanism would
differ
> in that it is connecting through CF with JDBC instead of however MyCC
> connects directly.

MySQL only has one wire protocol, so from the database point of view
they should be identical. Further pointers towards a problem on the CF
MX side.

You could still try the same tests without a firewall on the CF MX
Server, but I think it is time to call Macromedia.

Jochem