RDS is bad unless your server only contains info that ALL developers should
be able to access.  It does make modifying your Access database in place
much easier, since there isn't any other way (that I've found) to talk to
them directly.  Not that I recommend using Access, but god knows there's a
lot of such sites out there (some of them with my name on them).  Definitely
want to stay away from RDS on production machines, since cracking one
password will allow anyone to have complete access to your server's
filesystem, unless you set up a secure subnet so you can only access RDS
from that network, and not the Internet (via a VPN or something).