On Monday, Mar 24, 2003, at 07:24 US/Pacific, Ian Skinner wrote:
> The question I have, is there any performance advantages and/or
> disadvantages to one large CFC file versus several smaller ones?

Not really (in terms of real-world, "under load" performance).

> Currently I have everything in one CFC file.  The tasks could probably
> be
> logically broken up into three or four smaller CFC files by function
> type.

In terms of maintainability and readability - which should generally be
overwhelming concerns - you almost certainly want to break your CFC up
into more logical components.

Whilst I don't want to minimize performance issues, they really should
take a back seat to maintainability issues. Remember that
macromedia.com's back end is built heavily on CFCs using design
patterns and a lot of good OO practice - and it handles over 15,000
active sessions during peak traffic.

Sean A Corfield -- http://www.corfield.org/blog/

-- Margaret Atwood