http://www.corfield.org/blog/archives/2003_01.html#000055

and the immediately preceding few articles on how to set it all up!

So lemme check for understanding here:

Unless we specifially set up buddies sessions act just like they always
did.  (Server dies, session dies)

When you DO set up buddies ALL session traffic (updates, creates, etc)
are maintained on both/all buddies in REAL TIME.  So a server goes down,
another server has that data.

Meaning this isn't a performance solution (allowing any server in a
cluster to use any session from another) but a stability/reliabilty
solution (preventing angry people when servers go belly-up).

So in a normal, simple (ignorant) cluster network traffic between the
boxes is pretty minimal.  But in a session-sharing buddy cluster network
traffic can be very high between the servers.  I'm assuming that session
mirroring is working in real-time for the best possible disaster
response and not caching or otherwise delaying updates.  Right?

All this only works with J2EE sessions, not with regular old
CFTOKEN/CFID sessions.

Have I got it or did I miss the boat (again)?

Thanks in advance.  A damn fine Director of Architecture you are.

Jim Davis