From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 25, 2003 9:22 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Scanning a Drivers License

I have done this in our intranet.  It was more of a test than a real
world use, but it worked.  I use a mag reader that is programmed to
format a CA driver license and pass only the info I need.  I have a page
on the intranet that uses Javascript to capture the keystrokes (Mag
readers are basically keyboard emulators) and then submit the info to a
CF spage that checks the info.  I know it's not as robust as a C or Java
app, but it works and it didn't take much of an effort.  We use it for a
timeclock app now, but we are thinking of using it for authentication as
well.  I can post the code if anyone is interested.