Obviously never worked in a blue chip company :P

I know for a fact that when you are supporting 1000+ desktops, each is a
mirror image. I know of one company where Flash3 is still the installed
version of Flash and you can't do a damm thing about it until they build and
test a new desktop image, but in corporate environments Flash is not
considered important, so this aspect has never been addressed.

So Flash is not something you can download and install as you want. :(