From: Barney Boisvert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, April 02, 2003 1:35 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: encrypting password

You could store it as a single CFSET tag in an encrypted file that only the
CF user has permission to read, or put it somewhere that's really secure
(offline DB that you have to do some nasty authentication over SSL to get
the data from), and then cache it upon app startup.

Both are still suceptible to anything that lets a use execute CF code, as
they can just dump the application scope variables, but such is life.

---
Barney Boisvert, Senior Development Engineer
AudienceCentral (formerly PIER System, Inc.)
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
voice : 360.756.8080 x12
fax   : 360.647.5351

www.audiencecentral.com