There's a tag in the gallery that will let you manipulate images in a
whole variety of ways, including making thumbnails and copying images to
thumbnails folders.  You could use that as the basis for your gallery
app.  But I've never managed to make it create good images.  I don't
know how other people have managed with it, but I think there's no
substitute for the MkI eyeball in deciding if an image is crisp and
clear and correctly cropped.

This was a big blow for me because I have several photo galleries I
maintain for clients and for my own projects.  It consumes far too much
of my time, and as a result I keep procrastinating on them until I am
forced to update them.

Has anyone else used the custom tag for creating image thumbnails
automatically?

Cheers,
Michael Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia