"I see no reason for us to sell it out for fancier user interfaces."
Did you say that when Mosaic came along, why didn't you stick with Lynx?

-----Original Message-----
From: jon hall [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, June 20, 2003 11:50 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: Is Flash really THAT good?

Friday, June 20, 2003, 11:30:41 AM, you wrote:
>>The subject was UI though.

CD> I thought the topic was "Is flash really that good" and "Flash is evil", not flash
doesn't look good.

You are getting semantic. I'll spell it out though
1. The subject of the original post was what you say.
2. One of the reasons given for supporting the fact that, yes, Flash
   really is that good, what that you could do stuff in Flash that was
   practically impossible in DHTML. (This is true, but practically is
   a relative term). The poster chose the word "you" instead of "I"
   meaning that he felt that his statements were more than an opinion,
   but fact. I took the opportunity to inject some truth.
3. I chose to take out of context the UI bit, and concentrate on that.
   (my fault) should have addressed the cross-platform issue as well.
   The subject of my sentence however, was the UI layer, which is
   Flash.

The root issue is that I don't believe that the future of the web
should be defined by one company, whether I like that companies
products or not. I've been floating around the internet since before
the web existed, and it's been coming along nicely. I see no reason
for us to sell it out for fancier user interfaces.

--
 jon
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

ColdFusion and related topics.