I did...I didn't go Windows, X or otherwise, until Win95b (Memphis).

Besides, I think stuff like http://www.csszengarden.com/ is
incredible and quite "fancy" enough for any site, application or
content oriented.

--
 jon
 mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Friday, June 20, 2003, 12:07:08 PM, you wrote:
TS> "I see no reason for us to sell it out for fancier user interfaces."
TS> Did you say that when Mosaic came along, why didn't you stick with Lynx?

flash doesn't look good.

TS> You are getting semantic. I'll spell it out though
TS> 1. The subject of the original post was what you say.
TS> 2. One of the reasons given for supporting the fact that, yes, Flash
TS>    really is that good, what that you could do stuff in Flash that was
TS>    practically impossible in DHTML. (This is true, but practically is
TS>    a relative term). The poster chose the word "you" instead of "I"
TS>    meaning that he felt that his statements were more than an opinion,
TS>    but fact. I took the opportunity to inject some truth.
TS> 3. I chose to take out of context the UI bit, and concentrate on that.
TS>    (my fault) should have addressed the cross-platform issue as well.
TS>    The subject of my sentence however, was the UI layer, which is
TS>    Flash.

TS> The root issue is that I don't believe that the future of the web
TS> should be defined by one company, whether I like that companies
TS> products or not. I've been floating around the internet since before
TS> the web existed, and it's been coming along nicely. I see no reason
TS> for us to sell it out for fancier user interfaces.

Host with the leader in ColdFusion hosting.
Voted #1 ColdFusion host by CF Developers.
Offering shared and dedicated hosting options.
www.cfxhosting.com/default.cfm?redirect=10481