> > nonsense.  we're storing vector data in databases these days. arcSDE for
> > example comes with a couple of sql API for manipulating data in the db,
> > performing spatial searches, etc. i do this for a living.
> >
> Vector data is just that vector _data_....  A bunch of points that you
join
> together to draw a picture, he says simplifying it horribly.
> The APIs are there to simplify the calculations that the database has to
do
> for the developer/end-user.

well you've lost me with that--no idea what your point is now. vector data
is binary, stored in db as BLOB or IMAGE just like word docs, images or
whatever started this thread off. its better off in a database for reasons
that were pointed out in this thread (and previously, this isn't the first
time this issue has been raised on this list). thats the modern way of
solving these kinds of problems. caves aren't really comfortable places to
live.

ColdFusion and related topics.