Scott,
I've been with CT for several years now and until this last
episode have had nothing but good experiences. However, the past
few days have been a completely different story. My emails to
support are often ignored and the techs I've communicated with
all repeat the same story (i.e. the problem is due to my not
locking all my variables). No one will acknowledge the
possibility that the problem is due to some other cause. The
impression I'm getting is that they consider my attempts to
resolve this to be the rantings of an ignorant CF coder not
worthy of further attention.

Dave Jones
NetEffect

At 09:59 AM 7/3/03 -0700, you wrote:
>From: "Raymond Camden" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> >It's bunk. They are saying you need to lock local variables? I'd worry
> >about their support staff if they thought that.
>
>I've had an experience with CT support recently where I could
>tell that some of their staff were obviously better than others.
>
>I needed a mapping set up so that I could use CFCs and, in my
>support request, I even mentioned the exact CT knowledgebase
>article number I was referring to.
>
>I kept going back and forth with the same guy, who kept saying
>it was set up, but I still couldn't use the mapping he said he set up.
>
>After about 3 days, I got e-mail from another guy who said it
>looked like the wrong type of mapping was setup and he fixed it right away.
>
>So, not all support staffers are created equal.  I'd suggest
>asking for someone else to confirm this suggestion (which makes NO sense).
>
>I'm still quite pleased with CrystalTech, despite this one experience.
>Scott Brady
>http://www.scottbrady.net/

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com