From: Raymond Camden [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 11:54 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: Caching cfc objects in the application scope

It does improve performance. However, I (and others) have found issues
with CFCs that are cached and under load. (And I don't mean big honkin
amazon.com load, just medium level load.) Issues like:

1) Methods not working anymore - in other words, you call foo() and the
CFC forgets it has foo() (This happened on my blog.)

2) Method blah() has a query inside. It returns the query. I kept
getting errors stating that it wasn't returning a query, however, I
never saw any db errors. For some reason, the cfquery would run, make a
recordset called whatever, whatever exists, but wasn't a "real"
recordset. (Happens on cflib.org.)

Both issues disappeared if I remove the CFC from cache. I can also say
MACR knows about these issues, so I bet they will be fixed soon. I bring
them up because they are the worst kind of bugs... bugs that don't
happen 100% of the time. :) (And if you don't know it already, Red Sky
will have LOADs of CFC fixes, check out my mx on the rocks preso for
more info. And yes, I was given permission to mention this.)

===
Raymond Camden, ColdFusion Jedi Master for Mindseye, Inc
(www.mindseye.com)
Member of Team Macromedia (http://www.macromedia.com/go/teammacromedia)

Email    : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Blog     : www.camdenfamily.com/morpheus/blog