From: Dave Jones [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 12:23 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CrystalTech says ALL variables must be locked

Hi,
I'm trying to resolve a problem for an application hosted at
CrystalTech which sporadically starts sending out corrupted email
when using CFMAIL.

CrystalTech is saying that the problem is because I'm not
CFLOCKing my variables, even though a) my application is not
using session or application variables; b) I've demonstrated the
problem with a test program that uses NO variables, and c) the
problem only occurs with CFMAIL, not CDONTS.

During the discussion, their techs insist that in a shared
hosting environment, ALL variables must be CFLOCKed, not just
shared variables (session, application, etc.). Is this right? I'm
well aware of the need to lock shared variables, but I've never
heard that non-shared variables must be locked as well.

Can anyone confirm whether this is true or not? (Any insight into
the CFMAIL problem would be appreciated as well)

Thanks,
Dave Jones
NetEffect

resources for the community.