I prefer to store everything in the DB (as obviously you do as well) - but a
lot of folks find that storing files on the file system and then linking the
filename in the database works well.

At the very least it would improve DB performance if that's you're main
concern.

Personally I'd rather be able to back up only the DB and have all my data
however... but the choice is there.

Jim Davis

resources for the community.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm