From: Jim Davis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2003 4:29 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: CrystalTech says ALL variables must be locked

I don't know - it seems like more hosts offering VPS are limiting themselves
to 4 instances per physical machine (at about $200 a month).  I would guess
on the same machine you could host 8-12 instances of MX just as comfortably
for $70-$100 per month (with all the trimmings of course).

Performance for a such a solution may be better than a VM solution (then
again it may not be) and it would most likely be cheaper to set up/maintain
from the hosts perspective (for a VM you need an OS license for example).

So the cost seems about the same or cheaper to me - it's soley a case of
whether the market will respond to it.

Jim Davis

ColdFusion and related topics.