From: Scott Weikert [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, July 07, 2003 1:37 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: How many tables a datasource can handle?

At 02:31 PM 7/7/2003 -0300, you wrote:
>I'm wondering when it's time to split a datasource that has many tables

>into two or more. I never saw an article or recommendation on this.
>
>Anyone knows if the number of tables can decrease performance?

I asked this some weeks back. The answer I got was, a database (SQL7 at
least) can have around 2.1 million 'objects' (not sure if this was the
term
used) - those being tables, views, stored procedures, etc etc etc. So
unless you've got several hundred thousand tables, I don't think you're
in
any danger. :)

resources for the community.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm