> > Jim Davis said:
> > > Run the fist and before it finishes, run the second - the second will
> > return
> > > while the first is still working showing that two connections are in
> > use.
> > >
> > > This is exactly the reason that DB Transactions (and by extension the
> > > CFTRANSACTION tag) exist.
> >
> > Huh????????
>
> I'm not sure what you're confused about so I'll assume.

Jim,

My "Huh?" was not because I don't understand transactions (trust that I do),
but was instead a shocked plea for you to explain how you linked threading
to transactions.  You are way off base here, Jim; transactional isolation
and ColdFusion request threading have almost nothing to do with each other
when it comes to the essence of what a transaction does.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
Member of Team Macromedia

Advanced Intensive ColdFusion MX Training
Advanced Development with ColdFusion MX and SQL Server 2000:
August 11 - 15, 2003
http://www.ColdFusionTraining.com

Download CommerceBlocks V2.1 and LoRCAT from
http://www.ProductivityEnhancement.com

The ColdFusion MX Bible is in bookstores now!

ColdFusion and related topics.