It wasn't "ColdFusion Request threading" but rather multi-threading in
general - there are two main reasons DB transactions exist: 1) because
multithreading apps allow concurrent access of resources and 2) to allow for
roll-back processing.

In other words "since I allow you to do two things at once I need to allow
you a way to force only one thing at a time".  In SQL transactions solve
that problem (as CFLOCK does in CF).

If that's not the case (and lord knows I've been wrong before) then I beg
humbly for enlightenment.  ;^)

Jim Davis

http://www.coolfusion.com