Joe Eugene wrote:
> What do you mean by a "start read-only SQL transaction"?
> Multiple select statements within a <cfquery>?

SQL transactions have an isolation level which indicates how to
handle concurrency. That isolation level can have the values raed
uncommitted, read committed, repeatable read or serializable and
can be set using the isolation attribute of cftransaction.
SQL transactions also have an access mode that is either
read-only or read-write (and defaults to read-write). The access
mode is either set using a set statement before starting the
transaction or as part of the transaction start statement (in SQL
at least, don't know about JDBC).

Setting it before you start the transaction can only be done if
it is guaranteed that the query that sets it uses the same SQL
session (connection) as the subsequent cftransaction will use.
And I believe it is currently not guaranteed that multiple
queries from one request will use the same connection. Right?
And there is no attribute to cfquery to set the access mode, so I
can't set it as part of the transaction start statement. Right?

So I was wondering if anybody knew how to do this, or if I should
file an enhancement request.

Jochem

resources for the community.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/ads.cfm