>I've now run into a problem with a fresh install of MX 6.1 (RH 9, Apache
>2.0.47, PostgreSQL 7.3.2). No problems with the basic install and CF and
>Apache are playing nice.
>
>Administrator, however, is causing problems. I am trying to configure a
>PostgreSQL datasource - CF Administrator allows me to provide the datasource
>details, but when I try to verify, edit, or delete the datasource, I get a
>file not found error for  /CFIDE/administrator/datasources/postgresql.cfm!

Well, it turns out that I had PostgreSQL mis-configured--it wasn't accepting TCP/IP
connections.

The "-i" start up parameter was commented out in postgres/postmaster.conf (forget what
it was called at this point--it's been a long two-days), which is what enables the
TCP/IP connections to the db, apparently.

What is odd is that I still don't have a
/CFIDE/administrator/datasources/postgresql.cfm file, but the administrator doesn't
seem to mind anymore, though the datasources I had set up prior to the .conf update
still error out if I try to edit or remove them.

I don't know if this is truly the answer to the problem, but I will take it!

For the record, I am using the PostgreSQL 7.3 JDBC2 driver for JDK 1.2 & 1.3,
available at postgresql.org.

dependable ColdFusion Hosting.
http://www.cfhosting.com