>ColdFusion MX 6.0 (up to and including 6.0 U3) did not provide a
>driver for connecting to PostgreSQL databases, although the postgresql.
>cfm file that you found did exist under the ColdFusion Administrator
>root.  That page was not accessible in any way as a link from the
>CFAdmin, so you must have discovered the page by exploring the docroot
>and then manually requesting it.

There's still some code remaining in Administrator that references postgresql.cfm. I
get the file not found error when trying to edit or delete a PostgreSQL datasource
that CF could not verify due to the TCP/IP setting mentioned earlier. With the TCP/IP
setting sorted out, I am able to add, edit and delete all datasources created after
the fix, but none of the ones created before--those throw the following error (stack
trace):

coldfusion.runtime.TemplateNotFoundException: File not found:
/CFIDE/administrator/datasources/postgresql.cfm
        at coldfusion.filter.PathFilter.invoke(PathFilter.java:77)
        at coldfusion.filter.ExceptionFilter.invoke(ExceptionFilter.java:47)
        at
coldfusion.filter.ClientScopePersistenceFilter.invoke(ClientScopePersistenceFilter.java:28)
        at coldfusion.filter.BrowserFilter.invoke(BrowserFilter.java:35)
        at coldfusion.filter.GlobalsFilter.invoke(GlobalsFilter.java:43)
        at coldfusion.filter.DatasourceFilter.invoke(DatasourceFilter.java:22)
        at coldfusion.CfmServlet.service(CfmServlet.java:105)
        at jrun.servlet.ServletInvoker.invoke(ServletInvoker.java:91)
        at jrun.servlet.JRunInvokerChain.invokeNext(JRunInvokerChain.java:42)
        at jrun.servlet.JRunRequestDispatcher.invoke(JRunRequestDispatcher.java:252)
        at jrun.servlet.ServletEngineService.dispatch(ServletEngineService.java:527)
        at jrun.servlet.jrpp.JRunProxyService.invokeRunnable(JRunProxyService.java:192)
        at
jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$DownstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:348)
        at
jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$ThreadThrottle.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:451)
        at
jrunx.scheduler.ThreadPool$UpstreamMetrics.invokeRunnable(ThreadPool.java:294)
        at jrunx.scheduler.WorkerThread.run(WorkerThread.java:66)

All I need to do is find the file that stores the DSN info and ditch the duds.

I did read the pages you mentioned and also found the following helpful:
http://www1.oli.tudelft.nl/jochemd/index.cfm?PageID=15

Thanks for the information!

~Ubqtous

resources for the community.