I agree, the problem is there isn't a tool being significantly maintained
that is ColdFusion driven.

<tongue_in_check thought="Maybe that's why CF isn't taken seriously...">
    <it_review_team action="surprised">
        You want to use CF? are you kidding?
    </it_review_team>
    <cf_dev action="animated">
        Sure, it's a robust, powerful, scalable application server built the
solid foundation of J2EE technology!
    </cf_dev>
    <it_review_team action="inquisitive">
        That sounds promising, I bet it has a great IDE for it too, right?
    </it_review_team>
    <cf_dev action="hesitant">
        Um, well, we've got ColdFusion Studio, er HomeSite+...
    </cf_dev>
    <it_review_team action="curious">
        Hasn't that been pretty much feature set frozen for nearly 5 years?
    </it_review_team>
    <cf_dev action="excited">
        Only FOUR years!, but we've also got Dreamweaver!
    </cf_dev>
    <it_review_team action="surprised">
        Are you kidding? I never saw a mention about CF features in the last
DW release...
        In other words, while being a serious platform, CF has a serious
lack of dedicated, robust, and supported development tools?
    </it_review_team>
    <cf_dev action="shuffling feet">
        Yea, but we only need notepad to write code!
    </cf_dev>
</tongue_in_check>

- Calvin