On Sunday, Sep 7, 2003, at 10:09 US/Pacific, Al Musella, DPM wrote:
>      Reading you message gave me the idea of installing cfmx using a
> different port.  Then test each website on the new version using that
> port,
> and if it is good, move it to port 80.  This would let me test each
> one at
> my leisure.

That sounds like a good plan.

>    Is it possible to do that?

Yes.

> Anyone have step by step instructions?

Jeffry Houser and Charlie Arehart have an article coming in the next
CFDJ about this I believe. Several other folks have done it too. I
upgraded a CF5 server to CFMX6.1 the same way a while back - I don't
remember exactly how I did it (it seemed easy at the time, based on the
steps the installer offers) but the key is to tell the installer not to
set up IIS for you (and use the internal JWS instead). That way you can
use the same docroot and migrate all the CF5 settings etc.

Sean A Corfield -- http://www.corfield.org/blog/

-- Margaret Atwood