Thanks for the info - I did know about that.

However, the point here isn't what you can do, eventually, in CF using
external things.  We use ColdFusion we can do ANYTHING!  ;^)

The point is what does CFML offer.  Calling out to Java is insanely
powerful - but many people (myself included) don't have the skills yet.

To be perfectly blunt it's also a little embarrassing: this is a basic
aspect of application management on pretty much every other web
application platform - and CF lacks it.

CF shouldn't lack anything that ASP/JSP/PHP people can use to lord over
us.  We should be lording over them.  ;^)

Jim Davis