Sean,

Thanks for your reply! :)

I'd like to get your opinion on something else, if I may.  If a system makes
extensive use of a good-sized library of custom tags throughout an
application (virtually on every page), and the logic and display tasks
handled by them are truly best implemented as custom tags (many of which
internally call components that interface with the persistence layer),
wouldn't using CFIMPORT on every page (which redundantly re-imports the
entire library of custom tags with each page request) be considered a
second-best approach in favor of discrete calls via CFMODULE template="" to
just those custom tags needed on each page?

I can see using CFIMPORT for the occasional call to a custom tag in a
relatively small library (or subdirectory of a library) of custom tags, but
it seems to me that when you have a lot of them and use them just about
everywhere that CFMODULE template="" is the best approach, both from an
architectural and a performance point of view.

I'm really interested in hearing your thoughts on this.  I really respect
you and your opinions.

Thanks in advance.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
Member of Team Macromedia

Advanced Intensive ColdFusion MX Training
ColdFusion MX Master Class:
September 22 - 26, 2003
http://www.ColdFusionTraining.com

Download CommerceBlocks V2.1 and LoRCAT from
http://www.ProductivityEnhancement.com

The ColdFusion MX Bible is in bookstores now!