Does you mean giving users the ability of search the whole site or search one to many sections?  If a user chooses to search the whole site, display the results like:

Resultsets:

Section A:
Section C:

If so, and if your database is not that huge (GB bytes and GB bytes), you could use SQL-based search engine vs. verity etc.  Tie your db design to your search engine.  Quite doable.  Search is one of my favorite topics.  Shoot me an email at [EMAIL PROTECTED] if you'd like to discuss further.

Li, Chunshen (Don)