Jeremy,

when I insert one date at a time there is no problem.   The problem comes
when the user needs to insert multiple dates for a particular clas.

classTitle: Guitar for Beginners (text box)
classTime: 12:00-2:00PM (select list)
classDate:

user chooses Oct 1, Oct 8, Oct 15, Oct 22

OK now, with one click the user should be able to enter this class.

On the database end I should have four records

classDatesID (primary key)
classID (foreign key)
classDate
classTime

I haven't been able to loop through the inserts correctly. Presently it
tries to stuff all the dates into the same field as seen below:

>INSERT INTO classDates
> ( classID, classDay, classSession, classDates, classTime )
>VALUES ( '5', 'Mon', '1', '2003,2003,2003,2003/10,10,10,10/1,8,15,22',
>'12:00-2:00' )

I'll look into the transaction tag but I thought it had more to do with
multiple insertions by multiple people and ensuring that one transaction was
finished before starting another.

thx,

Gil