We are about to start working on a feature for a client that would allow
a user that is logged in to down one several different types of files.
The idea is to have CF list the files that the user has access to and be
able to download them by clicking on the link.  The one trick it that
these files should not be accessible to anyone else even if they have
the path to where the file is.

I just thought I would ask the lists' wisdom on these two ideas:

One idea was to use cffile and cfcontent to force a download.  Has
anyone tried this?  I can see it working for txt files but what about
pdf and zip files?

Idea two was to have CF make a folder name based on a UUID (universal
unique ID) and have CF copy the file from a non shared drive to this
folder. Then delete it a few mins later.

Any thoughts / comments?

Mark W. Breneman
-Cold Fusion Developer
-Network Administrator