> Hello - I'm updating my resume since I've become familiar with
> ColdFusion.  I have worked independently on two projects for my
> university - one for storing, retrieving and updating survey data from
> faculty members, and a second project for the Students' Union, a message
> board of sorts where students can post textbooks for sale or trade and
> have them sorted by programme, course, etc.  Sorry for rambling here,
> but I'm curious as to how I describe these two projects on my Resume for
> prospective employers?  I'm sure some of you out there are involved in
> HR with your organization and can tell me what you specifically look
> for.  MANY THANKS!!  It's really appreciated.
>
> -----Jamie

I think it is far more important to convey what level of understanding you
have of the many technologies involved in web application development. Don't
just throw around the latest list of buzzwords without demonstrating how you
understand the technology.

Things like:

used session variables to maintain user login state information in faculty
survey application administration

or

designed and implemented SQLServer database for student message board system

> Bachelor of Information Systems student, St. Francis Xavier University

PS: how is the weather in Antigonish ;-)

Cheers,
Duane Boudreau,
eMPower Project Manager
Director, Web Technologies