From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 1:16 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Translation please: CFC::CF as ???:ASP

Hi guys!  I have a client who is dealing with a software development
company that supplies a VB-based client application, which also has a
web component.  They do their web work in ASP.  My client has another
vendor that prefers to use CF for their work, and needs to talk to the
ASP oriented vendor.  I'm trying to talk to the ASP guys about using
CFC-like components so that the client's CF guys can interface with
them, but the ideas just aren't getting across.

So, my question is, what do ASP people refer to "components" as?

Also, do the ASP folks have the same ability that CFMX has with respect
to generating compiled code, or do the ASP scripts have to be
interpreted every time they run?

thanks for any help and ideas
[still looking for a permanent CF gig here in Pittsburgh!]

-reed

  _____