COM OBJECTS?
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  To: CF-Talk
  Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 12:15 PM
  Subject: Translation please: CFC::CF as ???:ASP

  Hi guys!  I have a client who is dealing with a software development company that supplies a VB-based client application, which also has a web component.  They do their web work in ASP.  My client has another vendor that prefers to use CF for their work, and needs to talk to the ASP oriented vendor.  I'm trying to talk to the ASP guys about using CFC-like components so that the client's CF guys can interface with them, but the ideas just aren't getting across.

  So, my question is, what do ASP people refer to "components" as?

  Also, do the ASP folks have the same ability that CFMX has with respect to generating compiled code, or do the ASP scripts have to be interpreted every time they run?

  thanks for any help and ideas
  [still looking for a permanent CF gig here in Pittsburgh!]

  -reed