On Friday, October 24, 2003, at 01:04 AM, Matt Liotta wrote:

> I have an article that will be published by DevX real soon now that
> IMHO provides a much better solution than what is currently provided at
> DevNet.

Since I haven't seen this particular solution, I cannot comment on it
directly, however I will say that Macromedia's solution was created in
close collaboration with Microsoft and is implemented in a very
specific way for very specific reasons (we will be releasing more
information on this shortly).  In other words, there are all kinds of
solutions out there that are smaller and may seem more elegant, however
Macromedia believes the solutions that we have provided and will
continue to provide are the safest choice for Flash developers.  From
the Active Content FAQ:

Q: Why did Macromedia choose this technical solution? Are others
possible?
A: Macromedia has worked closely with Microsoft; we have created
solutions that are based on information provided to us by Microsoft
about how the future browser version will work. While other solutions
are possible, we feel confident that the solution presented here is the
most generally applicable and useful to a large audience.

Christian