> But Eolas is still only suing MS and that is precisely my issue with
> him. I don't think he has any intentions of suing Apple and AOL. Which
> in my book are still pretty big fish. They have openly said they are
> trying to 'balance the internet browser war'. (ie. We're only going to
> sue MS)

I don't know how many times I have to repeat myself. It is standard
practice to sue the biggest fish first and then to handle the rest
after that case is finished. This a legal strategy used in all
industries. Further, this strategy has the additional business benefit
of reducing overall legal expenses as the other companies will
generally settle if the first lawsuit is won. Eolas's decision to
pursue only Microsoft at this point is common and expected behavior.

All of the reasons people keeping pointing out that make Eolas a bad
company in their eyes can be applied to most of the top companies in
existence. IMHO, web developers only seem to care about this particular
patent issue because it affects them directly. Where is the outcry for
all the other stupid patents and the companies behind them?

Matt Liotta
President & CEO
Montara Software, Inc.
http://www.MontaraSoftware.com