Well we have major issues with our server locking up every day.   EVERY Day.

We've applied the SQL Patch,  where you revert to the drivers used in 6.0.

We've seen jrun.exe grow day after day till it finally pulls the server to a
halt and locks everything up.   Researching it, there are a gazillion people
talking about memory leak problems on forums around the net, but no one has
any solutions.   I too wonder if MM is looking at this issue, because we are
trying to implement some apps using 6.1 code and we can't.   We can't load
up a site on a server that's going to lock every day and give users timeouts
or "not founds" or "page cannot be displayed".

Last night we figured we'd try what someone else said they'd tried . we put
a script to check the size of jrun.exe every hour, and if it got over 100MB,
then the script would stop the services and restart them.   But that hasn't
helped.   Our servers are locked now once again.

I've been watching people complaining about memory leaks and servers locking
ever since 6.1 was released, and I have not seen a lot of advice or solution
information coming from Macromedia.    Quite frankly we're at our wits end,
and I'm getting sick of losing clients over our flaky server.   We haven't
had a single day where the server is up all day since we installed 6.1.
Not one.   And we installed 6.1 two days after it was released.   Since we
give a performance guarantee, we've had no hosting revenue at all since 6.1
came out.

Macromedia?  The  server never ran properly ever since it was installed, and
it's a bloody dog.  When it runs, its beauty to behold.  But 4 hours later
I'm fielding angry calls from clients.  It's not worth it.  When are we
going to see some kind of solution for this?   Just look at the CF forums
around the net and see how many server owners are bitching about memory
leaks.   Bout time you owned up to it isn't it?

Cheers,

Michael Kear

Windsor, NSW, Australia

AFP Webworks.