Adam Wayne Lehman wrote:

> Aside from the title of that two paragraph article. What is that
> supposed to mean?

It is supposed to mean that you shouldn't code for the
idiosyncracies of a browser, but for standards.

HTML is a 2 way contract: browsers may expect a website to
deliver valid HTML, website builders may expect a browser to
understand valid HTML.

> If I wrote an article on that site it would be titled 'Dear Web
> Standards: Not Being Able To Select Text Is Retarded'
>
> (as I can't seem to be able to select text in IE, but can in Safari)

You need to file a bug with Microsoft. Good luck ;-)

Jochem

--
Who needs virtual reality
if you can just dream?