Andrew,
Thanks for the response, but it really doesn't answer my
question. In my situation, I have a case where GetAuthUser
returns the logged-in user, but cflogin still executes. This
seems contradictory to me. If a logged-in user exists, why is
cflogin executing? Am I not understanding something about cflogin
and/or GetAuthUser?

And if cflogin cannot be reliably used to identify the absence of
a logged-in user, is the test <cfif Len(GetAuthUser()) eq 0> a
safe alternative?

Dave Jones
NetEffect