I am trying to list news on a certain topic (in this case Hepatitis C)
using XML/SOAP/RSS etc.. feeds

In a perfect world, I would be able to use the google API and instead of
grabbing information from google the search engine, I would grab it from
news.google.com because when punching "Hepatitis C" into news.google.com
those are pretty much the exact results I want. Except it seems that
this is not an option, at least not that I could figure out anyway.

so I am looking at alternatives...anybody know of some?

-Tim