Basically, I would like to see a default VALIDATE="NO" parameter on CFMAIL.

AND, since CFMX is forcing validation, they should provide a valididation IsEMAIL function that works exactly the way the CFMAIL validates.  (IE, already tried various CF community email validators that let some slip through).

I've, as a patch, put a CFTRY around every CFMAIL tag... which is a pain for all past developed websites migrated to MX.