> I hear this "secret sauce" argument all the time and frankly think it
> is without merit. I have never walked into an organization and had
> trouble hitting the ground running because I had never seen the
> methodology, framework, or style in use at that organization.
> Further, as an architect for many organizations it was my job to
> design the methodology, framework, and style used in the
> organizations' applications and I never encountered a solid
> programmer who had trouble being productive from the beginning.

I have to agree with Matt here - having one framework or another means
nothing, as long as you understand the language - breaking the code into
REALLY small bits of code that do things like read a query only makes it
easier for the novice to find code - a good developer should be able to
understand the code of another programmer as long as 1 things is in
place: Documentation

Documentation means NOTHING to the framework - any code can be well
documented or badly documented - if you use FB or MachII, then your code
could be non-documented and difficult read, just because it's in FB
doesn't mean that anybody can pick it up easily

Saying that, somebody who understands the language to a decent level can
pick up code and run with it without any documentation - I've recevied
code from others without any commenting and updated it just fine, and it
wasn't in any kind of framework at all apart from the developers own...