>I have a friend who, for some unknown reason, wants to learn CF :).
>
>Anybody have a recommendation for a good beginning cold fusion book for
>someone without any coding experience? Or perhaps a class in the San
>Francisco Area. I am pretty sure he knows HTML; it would be nice if the
>book covered MX too.

Others have suggested great CF books, and on top of a good (BIG) book like any of Ben Forta's, I'd also suggest my two favorites (and the ones I use regularly).

SQL in 10 minutes (cheap and small little book that I constantly use)
ColdFusionMX Developers Study Guide (helps keep things fresh)

Good luck to your...friend...

Jake