From: Schuster, Steven [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 12:37 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: OT - Windows NT source code

...and from a business point of view where does the majority of the work
happen?

Not on a server but rather on some desktop where people key in data to
systems (Excel, PeopleSoft, Oracle, etc.). So if the desktop becomes
unstable the work is unstable and so on and so forth.

I'm not knocking the value of Linux and those like it I just don't see it as
a viable option for a world raised on MS. Our users have a hard enough time
as it is with MS, asking them to change gears in mid stroke seems kind of
self-defeating.

Now, new companies and up and comers would be able to start differently, I'm
referring to the bigger companies here that would have problems.