Plunkett, Matt wrote:

> [...]

I confess that I only just now grokked the difference between compiling
and running the stored proc in Oracle.  It does compile, but I'm not
getting desired results back when I run it in SQL*Plus; I think I'm just
not sure how to get it to consider the second parameter.  I'm still
hitting the books.

> It seems like you've made progress with your problem since yesterday, but
> have you ever gotten results back correctly in ColdFusion from Oracle yet?
> If so, great!  If not, I'd suggest writing a very simple proc to get your
> feet wet.  Something like
>
> PROCEDURE test
>      (p_ref OUT myrefcursor,
>      p_status OUT NUMBER)
> IS
> BEGIN
>     p_status := 0;
>
>     OPEN p_ref FOR
>         select * from tblCourses;
> EXCEPTION
> WHEN OTHERS THEN
>     p_status := SQLCODE;
> END test;

I've done several minor SP's like that already, but nothing passing a
cursor back.  Thanks for the suggestion.

--
Richard S. Crawford
Programmer/Analyst III,