> Thanks for the idea.  But three things are critical for what
> I need for a project I have in mind:
> 1) must run on Windows CE (that I don't know if CF Express
> can handle);

No, it won't run on Windows CE, any version. Windows CE isn't
Win32-compatible.

> Hmm, another idea is to use ASP if CE can take a lean IIS
> version, not sure if there's such a version.

You have several options for Windows CE web server development. The Windows
CE SDK comes with a web server that supports some ASP functionality, or you
can use the CE port of Apache and Perl (!) available from
http://www.rainer-keuchel.de, or you can use the GoAhead web server, which
uses server-side _javascript_ in addition to ASP if I recall correctly.

http://www.serverwatch.com/stypes/servers/article.php/16137_1368401

Dave Watts, CTO, Fig Leaf Software
http://www.figleaf.com/
phone: 202-797-5496