On Thu, 2004-03-04 at 08:59, Chunshen Li wrote:
> Good info, thanks.  Hmm, if I want to use either Access .mdb file or SQL CE
> database, what language would seem most convenient, say, the CE has a web
> server, ASP?
Most of the stuff I have done for PPC does not have a web interface
(mostly c++ stuff) so I can say if you can even hook a web server to a
database with any authority.

> btw, could your pocket PC install a web server?
Yes, I installed Apache (just for fun though) and an ftp server too
among other things.
http://www.rainer-keuchel.de/wince/apache-ce.html

> App-wise, personally I like the three-tiered datasource or native database
> call,web server and client approach vs. datasource and a programming language.

BTW If you want to get jiggy with you ppc here is an article I wrote
(and the latest 2600 has some good stuff in it too)
http://mobile.itmanagersjournal.com/mobility/03/12/04/2014203.shtml?tid=75&tid=99

--
Rob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>